This month I have:
- Recruited new members to the University of Surrey's Garden Society at Freshers' Fayre
- Helped build a polytunnel in the garden
- Planned a very successful pumpkin carving event for GardenSoc
- Attended the Postgrad pub Quizzes at Wates
- Worked an open day for the chemistry department
- Organised and run Surrey Roller Girls' new Autumn skater intake 'Freshmeat Fridays'
- Fouled out of my first roller derby game (SRG vs Coventry)
- Danced at a wedding
- Fulfilled a lifelong dream to visit Paris
- Neglected my blog (sorry)
In the lab I've been photographing bark samples that have been sent to me from all over Europe. I have 34 so far. It's my job now to work out which ones have the highest concentration of a certain compound in them.
Out of the lab I've been getting very cosy with TopSpin (chemistry pun for those chemists out there) and writing, writing, writing. I have a big report to write for my project partners, as well as my confirmation report to write! A lot of coffee has been consumed and the secret stash of biscuits in my drawer needs re-stocking.